Hello, all! Here’s a secret post for everyone because I received a recent Liebster Award nomination. Thank you to Evelyne Holingue! (I realize that when I migrated from Blogger to my custom site that I didn’t display my previous blog awards. I’ve since remedied this–see the sidebar!)
I first received the Liebster Award when my blog was starting off. I’m excited to get the nomination again. Here’s some background on the award by Evelyne:
“Liebster comes from the German verb Lieben, which means to love. Liebster is the superlative form of the adjective lieb, which means kind, likeable, lovely. As a noun liebster also means sweetheart and boyfriend. Ah the complexities of the German language!
As I understand it, the Liebster Award is like a little gift from one blogger to another.”
I’ll post the rules for the award and then answers the questions given to me.
1. Write a post about the nomination and link back to the nominator’s site.
2. In that post, explain the meaning of the award and answer the questions given to you.
3. Create questions for your nominees.
4. Nominate 5 blogs with fewer than 1000 followers.
5. Contact nominees and let them know that you have nominated them.
6. Post the award button on your blog.
- Do you remember your first blog post?
My first post ever was about the fox demon. I started this blog by looking at Cantonese phrases and seeing how they intersected my life.
- Why are you blogging?
I started my blog as part of a writers’ platform challenge from Robert Lee Brewer.
- What do you like best and least about blogging?
It’s still amazing for me to see my words in print right away! On the flip side, the quickness makes me need to constantly create for new posts.
- What blogs do you like to follow?
I have a penchant for writing blogs. However, I will also venture into different topics if I enjoy the blogger’s voice.
- What would you like to share with your readers that they might not know about you?
I’ve always wanted to go to Prince Edward Island because of the Anne of Green Gables series.
- If money, job and family weren’t an issue where would you live and why?
I don’t know. I really like California because it has a variety of landscapes and lovely weather.
- Have you learned more from your successes or failures?
From my failures. The rejections push me to work harder and improve my craft.
- What is your idea of a day lived to its fullest?
My ideal day would involve writing, reading, hanging out with family, and spending some time outdoors.
- What one key message do you want your readers to take away from your blog?
I would like readers to be more appreciative of different cultures and their own background.
- Do you prefer the book to the movie or the movie to the book?
The book, of course.
My Nominees (*by the way, feel free to pick and choose from any of the above questions to answer):